Monday, December 19, 2011

3 things.

There are three things I would like to discuss with ya'll tonight. 
They are not related in anyway whatsoever.

Number 1: 
The wrong number.
Phone rings and it's a number you don't know, you answer it though assuming its one of your friends.
"Hello?"
"Hi, carol?"
Carol? wtf?
"No sorry I think you have the wrong number" I tend to smile over the phone even though the other person cant see it..
"Oh this isn't the Christensen household?" No lady, I'm pretty positive you just have the wrong number.
"No this isn't" Smiling is still intact.
"Oh sorry" Now she just sounds snotty like its MY fault she dialed the wrong number.
"You're good"
"Yup." *Click* She hung up. 
Calls from wrong numbers are just uncomfortable whether you be the receiver or the dialer.

Number 2:
Talking to ones self.
I tend to do this a lot... I find myself alone a lot in my house so I just talk freely. It keeps me sane.. Or.. Maybe I've already lost my marbles. 
I gotta be careful with this though.. I'm starting to talk to myself other places. Like PUBLIC places. *gasp*
The worst for me is when I'm taking a test and I work out the equation by whispering to myself. I'm thoroughly sure my classmates all think I have gone insane. 
Macy's talking to herself again. Nbd. 

Number 3: 
The drive through.
Another one of lifes many awkward moments. You pull up to the drive through and hopefully you already have in mind what you want to order so the employee doesn't think of you as an idiot when they ask, "Hi may I take your order?" and you end up saying stuff along the lines of... "Uh.. I'll uh.. Have the uh.. hmm.."And you can just feel them rolling their eyes at you.
The worst part of this though is when the speaker is slowly breaking so all you hear is static electricity and you just have to guess on what they're asking you from past experience. I had something like this happened to me today..
Sonic drive through.
"Hi may I take your order?"
"Hi yeah can I get a medium cherry diet coke and a medium strawberry dr pepper"
.....
"Sorry say that again"
(sigh)
"CAN I GET A MEDIUM CHERRY DIET COKE AND STRAWBERRY DR PEPPER??"
"Is that all?" 
"Yes"
"Alright a med cherry diet coke and a strawberry dr pepper. Is that all?"
(I already said yes you moron)
"Nope I'm good." yet after I said that I realized he didn't say is that all... He just told me the price and so I awkwardly drove up in hopes he didn't hear that last part.
Btw.. He was attractive.
Macy's being an idiot again. The usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment